Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Fever

In my mind, summer has already begun. I'm just waiting for the calendar to catch up with me.

In spite of my rather dorky excitement over producing the 9th grade play this year, I find myself all-too-frequently bowled over by bouts of "I'm sick of this...".
The hardest part about this is the fact that OTHER teachers who are experiencing the same thing keep looking to me for advice.

I tell them.."It's normal".
Smile and say "No, you're a good teacher."
Pat their shoulders and remind them "You don't HATE the kids"

And I mean it.
For THEM.

I'm not so sure about me.

So I've taken my colleague Leigh Anne's idea and started planning my summer projects.
Here are things I plan to do.

1. Have a 30th birthday party
2. Go to Disney World with my daughter and parents
3. Spend a long weekend in Boston visiting friends (with my BF)
4. Read 1 book per week
5. Write like mad
6. Take the GRE
7. Move into a new house (rental)
8. Write curriculum
9. Go to the Mu Sigma reunion in Arkansas (an anti-sorority group consisting of my college girlfriends)
10. Take an exercise class (hot yoga, body sculpting or something)

This is what I will live for. This will carry me through the final weeks of school. This and sangria.

T.S. Eliot told me that "April is the cruelest month."
At least there's June.

1 comment:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Is it bad to feel that way about your job when you're a stay at home mom? *sigh* Sometimes I just wish I could get a summer vacation! I'm glad you're coming to the reunion. Go MuSigs!